About Junior Achievement
Junior Achievement is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. We believe every child deserves an education in economics and finances in order to inspire and prepare them for success in a global economy.
Our goal is to build young people’s capacity to spur economic development and contribute to America’s global competiveness. Junior Achievement helps prepare young people for the real world by showing them how to generate and effectively manage wealth, how to create jobs which make their communities more robust, and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace.
In learning these lessons, and putting them into quantifiable action, our students become intimately familiar with economics and finances. They become better prepared to assume their role in the practical world of work and responsible citizenship.
To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
To be recognized by businesses, educators and policy makers as the thought leader and deliverer of relevant, responsive and innovative programs which build young people’s capacity to spur economic development and contribute to Maryland and America’s global competitiveness.
Our Core Values:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning