JA Company Program at SC&H
For students at Hereford High
September 28 - January 19
SC&H - 910 Ridgebrook Rd., Sparks, MD 21152
Are you inspired by entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey, Arianna Huffington and Mark Zuckerberg? Now you can join their ranks and get a jump start on the path to running your own business.
The JA Company Program is a unique after-school opportunity for high school students interested in exploring their entrepreneurial potential. With help from corporate mentors at SC&H, a highly regarded local accounting firm, you and your team members from Hereford High will conceptualize an idea for a product or service, capitalize your venture, market your offering, and reap the profits! Whatever your interests or strengths, there is a place for you in the student company.
The JA Company Program requires a certain level of commitment, which you must be willing to make. This program is a great experience, but relies on the effort of the students involved to make it successful.
To be considered for the program, students must complete an application packet that includes:
- • Student Application & Statement of Interest to be completed by student
- • Standards of Conduct Form to be signed by student
- • Parent/Guardian Consent Form to be completed by a parent/guardian
- • Media Release to be signed by student or parent/ guardian
- • Recommendation Form to be completed by a high school teacher/academic advisor
- • List of Frequently Asked Questions
To be considered for the program, you must review and submit these materials by Thursday, September 22. E-mail your completed packet to email@example.com or fax to (443) 394-7218. Selections will be made by September 26.
For more information, contact Lene McCollum at (410) 753-3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.